My work has been featured in news outlets that include ABC News, Agence France-Presse, The Atlantic’s CityLab, The Conversation, Crikey, and Salon. I have also written pieces for general and specialist audiences, a selection of which is provided here. I grant media interviews upon request.
- Magnificent Mundane Governance with Steve Woolgar, Simone Dennis, and Kate Henne. The Wholesome Show, November, 23, 2017.
- Give Methods a Chance: Kathryn Henne on Multi-Sited Fieldwork. The Society Pages, October 2, 2015.
- Office Hours: Kathryn Henne on Sport, Sex Testing and Fair Play. The Society Pages, March 23, 2014.
Editorials and News Items
- Building a Gender Equitable Sporting Future (with Madeleine Pape). Policy Forum, March 18, 2020.
- How Portrayals of the NFL are Shaping Criminal Justice Reform (with Matt Ventresca). The Conversation, February 20, 2020 (Reprinted in Salon and Yahoo! News).
- Critical Criminologist Spotlight: Dr. Kathryn (Kate) Henne. The Critical Criminologist, Spring 2018: 21–26.
- Brain Injury and its Effects: Entanglements of Sport, Science, Law, and Design (with Kathleen Kachynski and Matt Ventresca). Transmissions, October 25, 2017.
- Drug Tests Treat Athletes Like Extraterrestrials: An Interview with Kathryn Henne. Inverse, August 29, 2016.
- The Straight Dope on Regulating Fair Play in Sport. Anthropology News, July/August 2016: 5–7.
- Rights, Regulation and Bodily Integrity: Reflections from Sport. Regarding Rights: Academic and Activist Perspectives on Human Rights, September 11, 2015.
- Creating a Sporting Chance? A Query into the UN Agenda on Sport for Development and Peace. Regarding Rights, December 3, 2013.
- Cruel Reality of Sport Business (with Vanessa McDermott). The Canberra Times, February 15, 2013: C19.
- Dopers and the Rest: A Case for Splitting Professional Cycling (with Ben Koh). The Conversation, October 18, 2012 (Reprinted by SBS).
- Punishing Doping Athletes Isn’t a Long-term Solution. The Conversation, September 17, 2012.
- Sport’s Unspoken Disease. The Canberra Times, May 11, 2012: C21 (Reprinted in The Sydney Morning Herald).
Open-Access Papers and Reports
- Global Drug Regulation: International Legal Challenges and the Prohibition Regime. Contemporary Research of Global Legal Issues. Sejong-si: Korea Legislation Research Institute (2016).
- Suspect Subjects: Affects of Bodily Regulation (with Emily Troshynski). International Journal of Crime, Justice and Social Democracy, vol. 2, no. 2 (2013): 100–112.
- From the Academy to the UN and Back Again: The Traveling Politics of Intersectionality. Intersections: Gender and Sexuality in Asia and the Pacific, vol. 33 (2013).
- Doped or Duped? Legacies of Anti-Doping Regulation in the Wake of Lance Armstrong. International Network of Humanistic Doping Research, September 3, 2012.
- Re-imagining the Images of the Crimino-Legal Complex: Toward a Critical Pedagogy (with Rita Shah). The Critical Criminologist, Spring 2012: 4–9.
- Aesthetics and the Question of ‘Preservation Over Gentrification’: Visualizing Governing Through Crime in Downtown Los Angeles (with S. Kathleen Camarda). Visualizing Governing Through Crime: A Collaboration of California University Scholars.
- The Origins of the International Olympic Committee Medical Commission and its Technocratic Regime: An Historiographic Investigation of Anti-Doping Regulation. Lausanne: International Olympic Committee.